Monday, June 1, 2009

Pure Blood Doom


Maybe you've heard of Demigod? If not, you are depriving yourself of one of death metal's finest offerings. Adramelech was comprised of a few Demigod members and of course, hailed from the mighty Finland. I don't know what they have in the tap water up there but this band definitely drank their fair share of it. This doesn't sound like Demigod's album. Doesn't matter. This album kills in its own way and it definitely deserves more praise. It's not the be-all-end-all of death metal. It's not too technically complex for its own good. It's not even the most brutal piece of music I've ever heard. Like I said...doesn't matter. Pure Blood Doom was released in 1999 and has kind of an early '90s throwback sound to it. This stuff is mid-paced, memorable and well performed. Sometimes that's all I really need in my death metal.

Get Some

No comments: